Once an ancient convent, the family-run farm is located in northern Italy (a few km from Piacenza).Currently linked to the history of the D'Aragona family, the entire complex has undergone an important restoration that has enriched it with: an Exclusive B&B (along the river Trebbia that offers all the pleasures of nature) and Congress Center (exclusive place for meetings of work and conferences with modern tech
The equestrian centre, managed by Amateur Sports Association “ASD ALCE 90”, is located in the splendid farm Croara Vecchia, on the river Trebbia; it offers memorable horse riding experiences for all riding enthusiasts of all levels, covering about 1 km along Trebbia river, only 18 km from Piacenza city. It is a member of FISE (Italian Equestrian Sports Federation), which collaborates with highly qualified instructors.
- » Riding school:course for the novice (children from 4 years old), to the professional riders, specialising in horse jumping, dressage and full ring.
- » Horse riding tours:horse ridings on suggestive tracks around Piacenza province in, Croara wood and along Trebbia river banks. These tours are suitable for inexperienced riders thanks to the trained Bardigiano horses team. Tours can be interspersed with tasting stops in prestigious wine cellars of Trebbia valley along the “Wine Tasting Trail Riding”.
- » Summer camps:for children and teenagers from 6 to 14 years old (experienced and inexperienced riders). Beyond riding lessons, the participants will take part in art workshops and activities in the swimming pool in Croara Vecchia.
Furthermore, the riding ground includes:
- 2 Sand fields (70 x 40 and 24 x 50),
- Sand arena (20 x 60),
- Covered riding school (24 x 50),
- Training course (1.350 km),
- 80 hectares of woods for walks,
- Covered round pen,
- and much more...
Worthy of note:
- § the adjoining Trebbia River: the river area, now protected by a park, was the site of one of the most famous battle fought between the Roman army and the Carthaginian forces of Hannibal: The first “Battle of Trebbia” (218 B.C.) within the context of “Second Punic War” (where also participated 20 elephants, in addition to 🐘 Surus the legendary elephant of Hannibal!).
- § the adjacent Croara Woods: an age-old deciduous forest nestling on the hills of the Trebbia Valley. Almost entirely owned by the D'Aragona family, the wood, it's one of the last examples of Plain Forest (the environment that once dominated the entire Po Valley).
- § the nearest Rivalta's Castle: a majestic fortified complex located within Gazzola district; set on a steep scarp overlooking the bank of the river Trebbia, has a moderate altitude, but it allows a large view on the bed of gravel of the Trebia River and of the countryside.